Audience Network Policy
- Prohibited Content: Don’t integrate or display ads within Cryptorama products content that contain or promote:
- Community Standards: Content that violates our Community Standards
- Illegal Products or Services
- Sensational Content: User generated content must not contain shocking, sensational, inflammatory, or excessively violent content.
- Discriminatory Practices: User generated content must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition.
- Tobacco and Related Products: User generated content must not promote the sale or use of tobacco products and related paraphernalia.
- Drugs and Drug-Related Products: User generated content must not promote the sale or use of illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs.
- Unsafe Supplements: User generated content must not promote the sale or use of unsafe supplements, as determined by Cryptorama in its sole discretion.
- Weapons, Ammunition, or Explosives: User generated content must not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
- i. Adult Content, Products or Services: User generated content must not contain adult content, products or services. This includes nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, sexual tips or fetishes, casual dating, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
- Surveillance Equipment: User generated content must not promote the sale of spy cams, mobile phone trackers or other hidden surveillance equipment.
- Hacking or Cracking
- Work At Home Schemes
- Penny or Pay Per Bid Auctions: User generated content that promotes or facilitates penny auctions or pay per bid auctions.
- Voting Information: User generated content must not provide procedural voting information and User generated content must not solicit voter registration information.
- Exchanging or Trading In Social Engagement: Don’t integrate or display ads in Cryptorama products that contain or promote the purchase, sale, or exchanges of “likes”, “shares”, “followers”, “comments”, “accounts”, “pages”, “groups”, or any other Cryptorama feature or functionality.
- Cryptorama Imitation: Don’t integrate or display ads on Cryptorama products that could easily be confused, by design and/or experience, with Cryptorama or other Cryptorama User generated content and products. This includes User generated content that imitates Cryptorama or other Cryptorama User generated content and products.
- Unacceptable Business Practices: User generated content must not promote products, services, schemes or offers using deceptive or misleading practices, including those meant to scam people out of money or personal information.
- Prohibited Financial Services: User generated content must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, including, but not limited to, initial coin offerings, binary options, and contracts for difference trading.
- Deceptive Employment: User generated content must not promote unreasonable or unrealistic claims with regard to employment opportunities.
- Spam: User generated content may not spam digital distribution platforms, which includes uploading multiple or similar versions of an app. User generated content also must not omit basic information about the app, such as screenshots of the user interface or a description.
- Sweepstakes: User generated content must not promote free-to-play experiences where randomly selected users are able to earn or win real money or anything of monetary value.
- Restricted Content
- Real Money Gambling: User generated content and sites that promote or facilitate online gaming/gambling where anything of monetary value (including digital currencies) is required to play and anything of monetary value forms part of the prize, are only allowed with our prior written permission. Onlinegaming/gambling may include betting, lotteries, raffles, casino, fantasy sports, bingo, poker and sweepstakes in an online environment.
- User-Generated Content: Don’t integrate or display ads in Cryptorama products that consist primarily of user-generated content, without our prior written permission.
- Low Quality or Disruptive Content: Don’t display ads on Cryptorama products that are not fully functional or that provide an unexpected, disruptive, or misleading experience. This includes User generated content that contain a disproportionate volume of ads relative to content, or ads that drive a negative user experience such as ads that are highly sexual, visually shocking, or promote scams.
- Spyware or Malware: Don’t disseminate spyware, malware, or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
- Inaccurate App Information: Ensure the ad call always contains accurate information about your approved app or site. This includes but is not limited to placement size and top-level URL.
- Obfuscated Ads: Don’t remove, obscure, or minimize any ad in any way without our written permission.
- Editing or Modifying Ads: User generated content must not edit, modify, filter, truncate or change the order of the information contained in any ad without our written permission. User generated content must not use ad formats (including native ad formats) that cut off or minimize the creative either partially or wholly. Ad components (including Media View) should be fully viewable and recognizable by the user.
- Ad Scraping: Don’t “crawl”, “spider”, index or in any non-transitory manner store or cache information obtained from any ads.
- Implementation Requirements: Ensure you follow the Implementation Requirements for Audience Network Ads. For example, you must include the expandable “AdChoices” icon on your native ad and clearly mark your native ad as “Sponsored”, Promoted” or Ad” unless you have our prior written permission.
- Early Access Mode: Android User generated content cannot monetize through Audience Network while operating in Early Access mode.
- We give you control: Cryptorama products will adhere itself to restrictions.
- Inflated Accidental Clicks: Don’t place ads where people are likely to accidentally click (ex: placing ads where people randomly click or place their fingers, such as near buttons).
- Clickable Content: Ensure that only ad titles, URLs, Call-to-Action, and image assets are clickable (i.e., white space and the background of an ad must not be clickable).
- Obscuring Content: Don’t include ads that cover up or hide any area of interest during typical interaction.
- Distinguishing Ads From Content: Ensure ads are clearly distinguishable from other content within your app.
- Interface Interference: Don’t interfere with the interface flow resulting from ad interaction or suppress views that pop-up as a result of such interaction.
- Forced Engagement: Ensure that clicking an ad is not the only way to exit a screen.
- Proper use: Cryptorama products will adhere itself to restrictions.
- Rights to the App: Don’t use Audience Network unless you either own or operate Cryptorama products or the owner of the content has given you exclusive third-party rights to monetize the inventory or have our prior written permission. Developers must complete the app ownership verification processtomonetize the User generated content.
- Artificial Inflation: Ensure you implement Audience Network in a way that delivers the expected clicks, impressions, or conversion (i.e., avoid implementing Audience Network in a way that artificially inflates clicks, impressions or conversions). For example, don’t use automated, deceptive, fraudulent, or other invalid means (ex: through repeated manual clicks or the use of bots) to artificially inflate clicks, impressions or conversions, and ensure that one click on an ad only logs one click.
- Artificial Traffic: Don’t integrate or display ads in Cryptorama products whose traffic is generated from automated processes (i.e., don’t use Audience Network if you use spiders or any other non-human traffic to drive people to your app or site).
- Ad Stacking: Don’t stack multiple ads in a single ad placement.
- Unexpected Navigation: Don’t direct people to pages where they do not express an intent to be directed.
- Misleading Labels: Don’t place misleading labels near ads (ex: “Top Offers” or “Favorite User generated content”).
- Deceptive Claims: Don’t make deceptive claims that encourage or mislead people into clicking on ads.
- Soliciting Engagement: Don’t encourage people to engage with ads because it will help your app or site directly (ex: don’t ask people to support you by engaging with ads).
- COPPA Compliance: Ensure compliance with the U.S.ChildrensOnline Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). You must also comply with our usage notes.
- Incentivized Engagement: Don’t incentivize people to view or click on an ad or give the impression that viewing or clicking on an ad will be rewarded. This policy does not apply to Rewarded Video ads.
- Additional Policies for Rewarded Video Ads:
- Opt-In Criteria Not Met: Users must proactively opt-in to viewing each ad at the time each ad is served. Acceptable opt-ins include, but are not limited to, a tap-to-play interaction or a countdown timer. Offering a one-time opt-in to viewing all rewarded ads is not acceptable. Proactive opt-in requires 1) clear disclosure of the reward and 2) ability to close or exit the ad without closing the app after the disclosure.
- Financial Rewards: Don’t offer people monetary compensation or cash equivalents in exchange for viewing the ad. This includes but is not limited to gift cards, cryptocurrencies or in-app tokens or credits that are able to be redeemed for real money by the user or subsequent users.
- Injection of Rewarded Video Ads: Rewarded Video Ads may only be placed after a material break in the experience (i.e. level completed in a game) or, if there are no material breaks, the developer must place limits on Rewarded Video Ads (i.e. maximum 3 Rewarded Video Ads in a specific periodof time) and disclose that it uses Rewarded Video Ads in the digital store where it is downloaded.
- Rewards Probability Disclosure: You may offer random rewards, but the probability of winning the reward must be disclosed to the user, previous to the explicit opt-in, in clear readable text. Each ad must communicate the probability of winning on the call-to-action; blanket disclosures within the app are not compliant.
- Immediate Rewards: Ensure you deliver the reward immediately after aperson finishviewing the ad, and that the reward is redeemable from within the app or site where the ad was launched.
- Exit Interference: Do not disable or alter users’ ability to close, skip or exit rewarded video experiences.
- Interstitial Alternatives: If users choose NOT to watch a rewarded video ad, do not show them an interstitial ad instead.
- Unearned Rewards: If users choose to close the ad before the end, or use a report/hide flow to dismiss the ad, you may not grant them the reward.
- Program Installation: Don’t encourage people to install programs that inject ads.
- Ads Outside App: Don’t show ads in the background or outside of the app. Users should know what app an ad is running in. Ads should not run when the user is not actively using the app.
- SDK Modification: Don’t modify, translate, create derivative works of, or reverse engineer any SDK or its components.
- Real Users: Don’t use bots, automated tools or software to mimic human behavior. Ads must be shown on real devices to real users who are actively engaged with the ads.
- Misrepresentation: Don’t misrepresent information related to your own or someone else’s business including, but not limited to, administrators, financial information, company details, app and app versions, app store, or users.
- Ads After Uninstall: Don’t show ads to a user if that user has uninstalled your app.
- Law and Guidelines Compliance: Comply with all applicable laws and adhere to our developer’s guidance.
- Auto-Refreshing Ads: Don’t automatically refresh Audience Network ads. Don’t manually re-request Advertisers’ assets for an ad or display Audience Network ads through a mediation platform that implements automatic refresh mechanisms.
III. Things you should know
- We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any Publisher or app or site for any reason, in our sole discretion, including Publishers and User generated content that negatively affect our relationship with our users or advertisers, or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy. These guidelines are subject to change at any time.
- Abnormal Behavior: We may limit or remove your access to Audience Network if our systems detect possible violations of our policies or potential harm to our advertisers and users. For example, if our systems detect abnormal behaviors, we may suspend your use of Audience Network to confirm compliance with our terms and policies (ex: to check for a possible incentivizing violation, or to ensure you’ve properly implemented Audience Network to avoid artificial clicks, impressions or conversions).
- Ad Policies Violation: User generated content that serve ads with severe or repeated violations of our Advertising Policies will be removed from Audience Network.
- Content Monetization Policies: Content that does not meet our Content Monetization Policies may be ineligible for monetization.
- App Availability: Audience Network is only available to User generated content offered in Closed Beta Invitation (CBI), unless you have our prior written approval.
- Patterns of Abuse: We analyze every impression and click for patterns of abuse. If we determine that a publisher account might pose a risk to our advertisers, we may disable that account to protect our advertisers’ interests.
- App-ads.txt: Prior to onboarding, Publishers that maintain an ads.txt or app-ads.txt file must include Audience Network listed appropriately and accurately.
- Instant Games Performance: Instant Games must meet our Game Quality Guidelines to monetize through Audience Network.
- Updated Standards: From time to time, we may provide new or updated publisher quality standards. You agree to comply with these standards, including any instructions or notices we may provide you relating to quality.
Cookies & other storage technologies
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data that we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all these technologies as “cookies”.
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve CryptoChat, such as by personalizing content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. The cookies that we use include session cookies, which are deleted when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay in your browser until they expire, or you delete them. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the User generated content, we use them for the following purposes:
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, recommendations, insights, and measurement
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads to people who have previously visited a business’s website, purchased its products or used its User generated content and to recommend products and services based on that activity. Cookies also allow us to limit the number of times that you see an ad so you don’t see the same ad over and over again. For example, the “fr” cookie is used to deliver, measure and improve the relevancy of ads, with a lifespan of 90 days.
Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use CryptoChat, as well as the people who interact with the ads, websites and User generated content of our advertisers and the businesses that use CryptoChat.
Site features and services
For example: We store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so that you will see the site in your preferred language.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly CryptoChat loads for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your screen and windows and know whether you’ve enabled high-contrast mode, so that we can render our sites and CryptoChat correctly. For example, we set the “dpr” and “wd” cookies, each with a lifespan of 7 days, for purposes including to deliver an optimal experience for your device’s screen.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the CryptoChat service, analyze which parts of the User generated content people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.
Third-party websites and User generated content
Our business partners may also choose to share information with Cryptorama from cookies set in their own websites’ domains, whether or not you have a CryptoChat account or are logged in. Specifically, cookies named _fbc or _fbp may be set on the domain of the Cryptorama business partner whose site you’re visiting. Unlike cookies that are set on Cryptorama ‘s own domains, these cookies aren’t accessible by CryptoChat when you’re on a site other than the one on which they were set, including when you are on one of our domains. They serve the same purposes as cookies set in CryptoChat’s own domain, which are to personalize content (including ads), measure ads, produce analytics and provide a safer experience, as set out in this Cookies Policy.
We may place cookies on your computer or device and receive information stored in cookies when you use or visit:
- Products provided by other members of the Cryptorama Companies; and
How can you control your Information?
If you have a CryptoChat account:
- You can use your ad preferences to learn why you’re seeing a particular ad and control how we use information that we collect to show you ads.
- To show you better ads, we use data that advertisers and other partners provide us about your activity off Cryptorama Company Products, including websites andCryptoChat. You can control whether we use this data to show you ads in your ad settings.
- TheCryptoChatAudience Network is a way for advertisers to show you ads in CryptoChat and websites off the Cryptorama Company Products. One of the ways that Audience Network shows relevant ads is by using your ad preferences to determine which ads you may be interested in seeing. You can control this in your ad settings.
- You can review your Off-CryptoChatactivity, which is a summary of activity that businesses and organizations share with us about your interactions with them, such as visiting their CryptoChat or websites. They use our business tools, such as CryptoChat pixel, to share this information with us. This helps us do things like give you a more personalized experience on CryptoChat. Learn more about off-CryptoChat activity, how we use it and how you can manage it.
You can opt out of seeing online interest-based ads from CryptoChat and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe or through your mobile device settings, where available, using Android, iOS 13 or an earlier version of iOS. Please note that ad blockers and tools that restrict our cookie use may interfere with these controls.
More information about online advertising:
Browser cookie controls:
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. These controls vary by browser, and manufacturers may change both the settings they make available and how they work at any time. As of 23 June 2021, you may find additional information about the controls offered by popular browsers at the links below. Certain parts of the CryptoChat may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use. Please be aware that these controls are distinct from the controls that CryptoChat offers you.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Safari Mobile
CryptoChat Platform Terms
a. Our Platform is the set of APIs, SDKs, tools, plugins, code, technology, content, and services that enables others, including app developers and website operators, to develop functionality, retrieve data from CryptoChat or provide data to us.
c. You must also comply with the applicable requirements in our Developer Policies and those made available on our Developer Site, including in our Documentation collectively, the “Developer Docs”)
d. These Terms will start on the earlier of the date you accept them or otherwise start accessing or using Platform and will continue until you stop accessing and using Platform, unless ended earlier as described below. If you are accepting these Terms or accessing or using Platform on behalf of an entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind such entity to these Terms and you agree on behalf of such entity to be bound by these Terms (and for clarity, all other references to “you” in these Terms refer to such entity). For clarity, these Terms updated and replaced the CryptoChat Platform Policy and the CryptoChat Platform Policy and any references in existing terms, policies, or agreements to the “CryptoChat Platform Policy,” “CryptoChat Platform Policy,” or “Platform Policy” shall now mean these Terms.
e. If you fail to comply with these Terms or any other applicable terms or policies, we may suspend or terminate your App or account, as described below.
f. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein (including in Section 12 (“Glossary”) have the meaning given in our other terms and policies, including our Terms of Service and our CryptoChat Commercial Terms. The term “including” means “including without limitation.”
- Intellectual Property Rights
a. Our License to You. Subject to your compliance with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable (except to Service Providers as described below), non-transferable, non-assignable license to use, access, and integrate with Platform, but only to the extent permitted in these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies. You will not sell, transfer, or sublicense Platform to anyone. Except as expressly licensed herein, you will not use, access, integrate with, modify, translate, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, or otherwise exploit Platform or any aspect thereof. The Cryptorama Companies reserve all rights, title, and interest (including the right to enforce any such rights) not expressly granted in these Terms.
- Your License to Us
- i. Your Content:
1. You grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to: host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of any information, data, and other content made available by you or on your behalf (including by your Service Providers or through your App) in connection with Platform (collectively, “Your Content”) for any business purpose in connection with operating, providing, or improving Platform or any other Cryptorama Product. This license remains in effect even if you stop using Platform. Without limitation, your license to us includes: the right to incorporate Your Content into other parts of CryptoChat, the right to attribute the source of Your Content using your name, trademarks, or logos; the right to use Your Content for promotional purposes, and the right to analyze Your Content (including to make sure you’re complying with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies).
2. If you use the CryptoChat Business Tools to send us Business Tool Data, our use of that data is governed by the Business Tools Terms rather than the foregoing license for Your Content.
3. If you owned Your Content before providing it to us, you will continue owning it after providing it to us, subject to any rights granted in these Terms or any other applicable terms or policies and any access you provide to others by sharing it via Platform.
- Your App:
1. You grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to: host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your App for any business purpose in connection with operating, providing, or improving Platform. This license remains in effect even if you stop using Platform. Without limitation, the foregoing license includes the right to frame or link to your App, to place content (including ads) around your App, and to analyze your App (including to assess your compliance with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies).
2. As between the parties, in connection with Platform, we won’t be subject to any terms or policies associated with your App or Your Content (even if we click or tap agreement). Those terms and policies are considered null and void and are rejected and excluded from these Terms.
3. Nothing in these Terms will be interpreted as a representation or agreement that we will not develop or have not developed Cryptorama, products, features, or services that are similar to your App or compete with your App.
iii. Your Name, Trademarks, and Logos: You grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use your name, trademarks, and logos for distribution, marketing, and promotional purposes, in connection with your use of User generated content, in all formats and media. This license remains in effect for existing materials and instances even if you stop using Platform.
- Protecting the Rights of Others
i. You will not provide or promote content in your App that infringes upon or otherwise violates the rights of any person or third party.
ii. You will obtain (and represent and warrant that you own or have secured) all rights necessary from all applicable rights holders to (1) grant the licenses, rights, and permissions in these Terms (including those in Section 2.b (“Your License to Us”)); (2) display, distribute, and deliver all information, data, and other content in your App; and (3) otherwise operate your App. This includes satisfying all licensing, reporting, and payout obligations to third parties.
iii. If your App contains content submitted or provided by your Users or other third parties, you must have an appropriate notice and takedown process and otherwise comply with all applicable laws and regulations to respond to notices of claimed infringement. Without limiting that compliance, in the United States, you must comply with all requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Data Use
a. Prohibited Practices. You will not perform, or facilitate or support others in performing, any of the following prohibited practices (collectively, “Prohibited Practices”):
i. Processing Platform Data to discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes including race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition, or any other categories prohibited by applicable law, regulation, or CryptoChat policy.
ii. Processing Platform Data to make eligibility determinations about people, including for housing, employment, insurance, education opportunities, credit, government benefits, or immigration status. By eligibility determinations, we mean determining whether to provide, deny, or take away a particular benefit (for example, housing or scholarships) as well as determining the terms under which the benefit will be provided, denied, or taken away.
iii. Processing Platform Data to perform, facilitate, or provide tools for surveillance. Surveillance includes the Processing of Platform Data about people, groups, or events for law enforcement or national security purposes.
iv. Selling, licensing, or purchasing Platform Data.
v. Placing Platform Data on, or otherwise making Platform Data available to, a search engine or directory without our prior express written consent.
vi. Attempting to decode, circumvent, re-identify, de-anonymize, unscramble, unencrypt, or reverse hash, or reverse-engineer Platform Data that is provided to you.
vii. Changing your App’s core functionality or data Processing so that Users would view it as an unfamiliar or different App, or materially changing the scope of Processing of previously collected Platform Data, unless in each case you first re-submit your App and receive our approval through App Review.
viii. Processing friend lists from CryptoChat to establish social connections in your App unless each person in that connection has granted you access to that information for that purpose.
- Additional Terms for Restricted Platform Data
i. You will not request Restricted Platform Data unless it is necessary to meaningfully improve the quality of the applicable User’s experience in the specific product or service for which the User shared the data.
ii. It must be clear to the User why you are requesting their Restricted Platform Data in order to improve the quality of their experience.
iii. For clarity, your Processing of Restricted Platform Data must comply with the applicable Developer Docs and other provisions of these Terms (including the Prohibited Practices).
i. With respect to Platform Data collected as a Tech Provider, solely as described below in Section 5.b (“Tech Providers”);
ii. With respect to Platform Data not collected as a Tech Provider,
1. when required under applicable law or regulation (you must retain proof of the applicable legal or regulatory requirement or request and provide it to us if we ask for it);
2. with your Service Provider;
3. when a User expressly directs you to share the data with a third party (you must retain proof of the User’s express direction and provide it to us if we ask for it); or
4. solely with respect to Platform Data that is not Restricted Platform Data, with other third parties, so long as:
a. you first contractually prohibit them from using the Platform Data in a way that would violate these Terms or any other applicable terms or policies (you must retain proof of the contractual prohibition and provide it to us if we ask for it); and
b. you ensure that any such third parties comply with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies as if they were in your place, and you are responsible for their acts and omissions, including their noncompliance.
- Retention, Deletion, and Accessibility of Platform Data
i. Unless required to keep Platform Data under applicable law or regulation, you must (and must make reasonable efforts to ensure your Service Providers) do the following:
1. Make reasonable efforts to keep Platform Data up to date, including Platform Data that has been modified or deleted. You must update Platform Data promptly after receiving a request from us or the User to do so. You must give Users an easily accessible and clearly marked way to ask for their Platform Data to be modified or deleted.
2. Delete all Platform Data as soon as reasonably possible in the following cases:
a. When retaining the Platform Data is no longer necessary for a legitimate business purpose that is consistent with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies;
b. When you stop operating the product or service through which the Platform Data was acquired;
c. When we request you delete the Platform Data for the protection of Users (which we will determine at our sole discretion);
d. When a User requests their Platform Data be deleted or no longer has an account with you (unless the Platform Data has been aggregated, obscured, or de-identified so that it cannot be associated with a particular User, browser, or device), or for Tech Providers, when a User or the Client requests their Platform Data be deleted or the Client no longer has an account with you;
e. When required by applicable law or regulations; or
f. As required under Section 7 (“Compliance Review Rights and Suspension and Termination of these Terms”).
ii. If you are required to keep Platform Data under applicable law or regulation, you must retain proof of the applicable legal or regulatory requirement or request and provide it if we ask for it.
iii. If you have received Platform Data in error, you must immediately report this to us, delete that Platform Data, and provide proof of deletion if we ask for it.
e. Exceptions to Restrictions. The above provisions of this section (Section 3.a-d) do not apply to certain Platform Data as described here.
b. This policy must comply with applicable law and regulations and must accurately and clearly explain what data you are Processing, how you are Processing it, the purposes for which you are Processing it, and how Users may request deletion of that data.
e. You must retain all of your privacy policies in effect while using Platform and provide them to us if we ask for them.
- Service Providers and Tech Providers
a. Service Providers
i. You will not use a Service Provider in connection with your use of Platform or Processing of Platform Data unless such Service Provider first agrees in writing to do the following:
2. In the event the Service Provider engages another Service Provider (“Sub-Service Provider”) in order to provide the services requested, ensure the Service Provider requires the Sub-Service Provider in writing to comply with the above requirements.
ii. You must ensure that any Service Provider and Sub-Service Provider complies with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies as if they were in your place, and you are responsible for their acts and omissions, including their noncompliance.
iii. When you cease using a Service Provider or Sub-Service Provider, you must ensure they immediately cease using Platform and Processing Platform Data and promptly delete all Platform Data in their possession or control.
iv. Upon our request, you must provide a list of your Service Providers and Sub-Service Providers including up-to-date contact information for each, the types and volume of Platform Data shared, and proof of written agreements with your Service Providers to demonstrate compliance with this Section.
v. We may prohibit your use of any Service Provider or Sub-Service Provider in connection with your use of Platform or Processing of Platform Data if we believe that (1) they have violated these Terms or other applicable terms or policies or (2) they are negatively impacting Platform, other CryptoChat, Platform Data, or people who use CryptoChat, and will provide notice to you if we do. Promptly upon such notice, you must stop using that Service Provider or Sub-Service Provider in connection with your use of Platform or Processing of Platform Data.
vi. We may require that your Service Providers or Sub-Service Providers agree to these Terms or other applicable terms or policies in order to access CryptoChat, Platform, or Platform Data.
- Tech Providers
i. If you are a Tech Provider, you must comply with the other provisions of these Terms, as well as the provisions in this section with respect to your use of Platform and Processing of Platform Data as a Tech Provider. If the terms conflict, the terms that are more restrictive on you or more protective of us apply.
ii. You, as a Tech Provider, understand and agree to the following:
1. You will only use Platform and Process Platform Data on behalf of and at the direction of your Client on whose behalf you access it to help such Client to use Platform or Process Platform Data in accordance with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies (“Client’s Purpose”), and not for your own purposes or another Client’s or entity’s purposes (for example, you will not Process Platform Data to build or augment user profiles for your own purposes or another Client’s purposes);
2. You will ensure that Platform Data you maintain on behalf of one Client is maintained separately from that of other Clients;
3. You will maintain an up-to-date list of your Clients and their contact information and provide it to us if we ask for it;
4. You will only share Platform Data in compliance with these Terms (including Sections 3a (“Prohibited Practices”), 3b (“Additional Terms for Restricted Platform Data”), and 5a (“Service Providers”)), applicable law and regulations, and all other applicable terms and policies, and only in the following circumstances:
a. with your applicable Client, so long as you first contractually prohibit such Client from Processing Platform Data in a way that would violate these Terms or any other applicable terms or policies;
b. to the extent required under applicable law or regulation (you must retain proof of the applicable legal or regulatory requirement or request and provide it to us if we ask for it);
c. with your Service Provider solely to the extent necessary for your applicable Client’s Purpose; or
d. with your Client’s service provider solely to the extent necessary for such Client’s Purpose and when such Client expressly directs you to share the data with such service provider (you must retain proof of the Client’s express direction and provide it to us if we ask for it);
5. We may require that your Clients agree to these Terms or other applicable terms or policies in order to access CryptoChat, Platform, or Platform Data through your App.
6. You will promptly terminate a Client’s use of our CryptoChat, Platform, or Platform Data through your App if we request it because we believe that the Client (a) has violated these Terms or other applicable terms or policies or (b) is negatively impacting Platform, other CryptoChat, Platform Data, or people who use CryptoChat.
- Data Security
a. Data Security Requirements
i. You must always have in effect and maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that do the following:
- Meet or exceed industry standards given the sensitivity of the Platform Data;
- Comply with applicable law and regulations, including data security and privacy laws, rules, and regulations; and
- Are designed to prevent any unauthorized (including in violation of these Terms or any other applicable terms or policies) Processing (including, for the avoidance ofdoubt, access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, distribution, or compromise) of Platform Data.
ii. You must have a publicly available way for people to report security vulnerabilities in your App to you, and you must promptly address identified deficiencies.
iii. You must not solicit, collect, store, cache, proxy, or use CryptoChat or CryptoChat login credentials of other Users.
iv. You must not transfer or share user IDs or your access token and secret key, except with a Service Provider who helps you build, run, or operate your App.
b. Incident Reporting
i. If any of the following incidents happen, you must promptly, and no later than 24 hours after you become aware of the incident, notify us and provide us with information we request regarding:
- Any unauthorized (including in violation of these Terms or any other applicable terms or policies) Processing (including, for the avoidance of doubt, access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, distribution or compromise) of Platform Data; or
2. Any incidents that are reasonably likely to compromise the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your IT Systems or your Service Provider’s or Sub-Service Provider’s IT Systems.
ii. You must immediately begin remediation of the incident and reasonably cooperate with us, including by informing us in reasonable detail of the impact of the incident upon Platform Data and corrective actions being taken, and keeping us updated about your compliance with any notification or other requirements under applicable laws and regulations.
- Compliance Review Rights and Suspension and Termination of these Terms
a. App Review. We may require that you submit your App for our review or approval (“App Review”). Whether or not your App (including its access to any Platform Data) is approved (which will be in our sole discretion), you will ensure that your App is compliant with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies, and we may review your App for such compliance from time to time, in our sole discretion. You will cooperate with our reviews and provide any information we request therefor. We may verify information you provide to us during any such reviews or otherwise in your App dashboard, which you will update to keep it complete and accurate.
b. Regular Monitoring. We, or third-party professionals working at our direction (including auditors, attorneys, consultants, and/or computer forensics analysts) (collectively, “Third-Party Auditors”), may conduct regular monitoring of your App and its access to Platform and Processing of Platform Data using technical and operational measures.
c. Auditing Rights
- i. We or Third-Party Auditors may conduct an Audit, no more than once a calendar year unless there is a Necessary Condition, to ensure that your and your App’s Processing of Platform Data is and has been in compliance with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies.
ii. Audits will be conducted during normal business hours after providing you with at least 10 business days’ written notice (email will suffice), unless we determine in our sole discretion a Necessary Condition requires more immediate access.
iii. You will cooperate with the Audits, including by (1) providing all necessary physical and remote access to your IT Systems and Records, and (2) providing information and assistance as reasonably requested (including making your personnel who are knowledgeable about your or your App’s Processing of Platform Data available for our questioning).
iv. You will also use commercially reasonable efforts to get permission and cooperation from your Service Providers for us to conduct such Audits with respect to their IT Systems, Records, and applicable personnel.
v. You will remedy any non-compliance revealed by an Audit as soon as reasonably practicable (as we determine based on the facts and circumstances), after which we may conduct follow-up Audits to ensure proper remediation of the non-compliance.
vi. If an Audit reveals any non-compliance by you or your Service Provider(s) then you will reimburse us for all of our reasonable costs and expenses associated with conducting the Audit and any related follow-up Audits.
vii. After these Terms have ended, our Audit rights under this Section will survive until 1 year after the later of when you affirmatively demonstrate that you have stopped Processing all Platform Data and all embodiments thereof that are in your and your Service Providers’ possession or control have been deleted. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Section limits any other rights or remedies we may have by law, in equity, or under these Terms or other applicable terms or policies.
d. Certifications. From time to time, we may request (in writing or through your App dashboard, Platform, or any Cryptorama Product) information, certifications, and attestations relating to your use of Platform or Processing of Platform Data, which you will provide to us in the requested time frame and form. This may include certifying: (i) your compliance with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies, and (ii) the purpose or use for the Platform Data you have requested or have access to, and that each such purpose or use complies with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies. All such certifications and attestations must be provided by an authorized representative of yours.
e. Suspension and Termination
i. We may take enforcement action against you and your App if we believe, in our sole discretion, that:
1. You have not timely responded to our requests related to monitoring or auditing.
2. You or your App has violated or may have violated these Terms or any other applicable terms or policies or is negatively impacting Platform, other CryptoChat, Platform Data, or people who use CryptoChat;
3. It is needed to comply with applicable laws or regulations or otherwise required or requested by a court order or governmental authority; or
4. It is needed to protect the Cryptorama Companies from legal or regulatory liability.
ii. We may take enforcement action at any time, including while we investigate your App, with or without notice to you. Enforcement can be both automated and manual. It can include suspending or removing your App, removing your access and your App’s access to Platform, requiring that you stop Processing and delete Platform Data, terminating our agreements with you, or any other action that we consider to be appropriate, including terminating other agreements with you or your ability to use CryptoChat.
iii. We may suspend or end your App’s access to any Platform APIs, permissions, or features that your App has not used or accessed within a 90-day period with or without notice to you.
After you agree to these Terms, any written notice, request, or communications from us to you may be provided via email or mail (for example, to the email address or mailing address in your App account with us) or via notifications within CryptoChat (for example, in your account with us). You will keep your contact information current, including name, business name, and email.
In addition to and without limiting the scope of the “Indemnification” Section in our CryptoChat Commercial Terms if anyone brings a claim, cause of action, or dispute against Cryptorama Companies related to your use of Platform, your Processing of Platform Data, Your Content, or your App, name or logo, products or services, or actions in connection with Platform, you will indemnify and hold Cryptorama Companies harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to any such claim, cause of action, or dispute.
- International Transfers
This section shall apply to the extent that your Processing of Platform Data includes personal data controlled by CryptoChat and the transfer of such CryptoChat to a territory outside of the European Economic Area that does not have a positive adequacy decision from the European Commission under Article 25(6) of Directive 95/46/EC (each an “EEA Data Transfer”). In these cases, you will comply with the following:
a. if you are relying on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (the “Privacy Shield”) and are certified under Privacy Shield to receive categories of data which include the CryptoChat Data, you will comply with the Privacy Shield Principles. If your Privacy Shield certification does not cover the EEA Data Transfer or you are unable to comply with the Privacy Shield principles (or your Privacy Shield certification in respect of the EEA Data Transfer should end), you will immediately notify us, stop your access to and use of Platform and Processing of Platform Data, and take reasonable and appropriate steps to fix any non-compliance; or
b. if the EEA Data Transfer is not covered by Privacy Shield, then your use of CryptoChat Data is subject to the Clauses. In these cases, Cryptorama is the “data exporter” and you are the “data importer” as defined in the Clauses, and you select option (iii) of Clause II(h) and agree to the data processing principles of Annex A to the Clauses. For the purposes of Annex B to the Clauses, the following will apply:
i. “Data subjects” are people who visit, access, use, or otherwise interact with the App and the products and services of Cryptorama;
iii. “Categories of data” are CryptoChat, which includes profile information, photos and videos, location information, communications between Users, information about use of the App and other products and services, payment information, device information, information about visits to third-party websites or CryptoChat that use a “like” or “comment” button or other service integration, information from third-party partners or Cryptorama Companies, or as otherwise set forth in the Data Policy;
iv. “Recipients” are you and users of your App and other products and services;
v. “Sensitive data” is personal data about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation, criminal convictions, or alleged commission of an offense; and
vi. “Contact points for data protection enquiries” are the representatives of CryptoChat and you with responsibility for data privacy.
a. In accordance with our Terms of Service, you will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our prior written consent. Transferring can include assignment, acquisition, merger, change of control, or other forms of transfer. Any unpermitted transfer will be considered null and void. For any permitted transfer, you can continue to Process Platform Data only for your App subject to these Terms and only after you re-submit your App and receive our approval through our App Review process.
b. You also must comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the Video Privacy Protection Act (“VPPA”)).
c. If there is any conflict between these Terms and any other applicable online terms, the terms that are more restrictive on you and your App or more protective of us apply. If you have previously agreed to our Supplemental Terms for Extended Platform Products and/or our Technology Provider Amendment to Supplemental Terms for Extended Platform Products, these Terms hereby supersede and replace them.
d. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time. Your continued use of or access to Platform after any such amendment will constitute your binding agreement to these Terms as amended.
e. We may change, suspend, or discontinue the availability of Platform at any time. In addition, we may impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of our APIs or websites without notice or liability.
f. If we elect to provide you with support or modifications for Platform, we may discontinue either at any time without notice to you.
g. We do not guarantee that Platform will always be free.
h. We can issue a press release or otherwise make public statements or disclosures describing our relationship with you or your use of Platform.
i. When these Terms have ended, all rights granted to you under these Terms will immediately stop and you will immediately stop using Platform. The following Sections will remain in effect after these Terms have ended: Section 2.b, Section 2.c, Section 3, Section 4, Section 5, Section 6, Section 7, Section 9, Section 10, Section 11, and Section 12.
a. “App” means any technical integration with Platform or to which we have assigned an App identification number. Any code, APIs, SDKs, tools, plugins, bots, websites, applications, specifications, and other technology made available by you or on your behalf in connection with Platform is considered part of your App.
b. “Audit” means a review, inspection, or audit of your and your Service Providers’ IT Systems or Records.
c. “Clauses” means the standard contractual clauses annexed to European Commission Decision 2004/915/EC.
d. “Client” means the User of a Tech Provider’s App.
e. “Developer” means the person or entity that creates or operates an App.
f. “Developer Docs” has the meaning given in Section 1.c (“Introduction”).
g. “IT Systems” means information technology systems (real and virtual), networks, technologies, and facilities (including physical and remote access to data centers and cloud facilities) that Process Platform Data.
h. “Necessary Condition” means any of the following:
i. it is required by applicable law, rule, or regulation or otherwise required or requested by a court order or governmental authority;
ii. we suspect that you or your App have Processed Platform Data in violation of these Terms or other applicable terms or policies;
iii. you enter into a change of control transaction or transfer (or request to transfer) any of your rights or obligations under these Terms or other applicable terms or policies;
iv. we determine in our sole discretion it is necessary to ensure that you and your App have deleted Platform Data in accordance with these Terms and all other applicable terms and policies; or
v. we determine in our sole discretion it is necessary to ensure proper remediation of any non-compliance revealed by an Audit.
i. “Platform” means the set of APIs, SDKs, tools, plugins, code, technology, content, and services that enables others, including app developers and website operators, to develop functionality, retrieve data from Cryptorama and any other CryptoChat, or provide data to us.
j. “Platform Data” means any information, data, or other content you obtain from us, through Platform or through your App, whether directly or indirectly and whether before, on, or after the date you agree to these Terms, including data anonymized, aggregated, or derived from such data. Platform Data includes app tokens, page tokens, access tokens, app secrets, and user tokens.
k. “Process” means any operation or set of operations performed on data or sets of data, whether or not by automated means, including use, collection, storage, sharing, or transmission.
l. “Prohibited Practices” has the meaning given in Section 3.a (“Prohibited Practices”).
m. Records” mean books, agreements, access logs, third-party reports, policies, processes, and other records regarding the Processing of Platform Data.
n. “Restricted Platform Data” means Platform Data that (i) reasonably can be used to identify a particular User or device; (ii) is accessed using the permissions listed here; or (iii) we otherwise designate as Restricted. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Restricted Platform Data does not include data that can be accessed using the permissions listed here.
o. “SDKs” means any object code, source code, or documentation you receive from us that helps you create CryptoChat or content for use with the Platform.
p. “Service Provider” means an entity you use to provide you services in connection with Platform or any Platform Data.
q. “Tech Provider” means a Developer of an App whose primary purpose is to enable Users thereof to access and use Platform or Platform Data.
r. “Third-Party Auditors” has the meaning given in Section 7.b (“Regular Monitoring”).
s. “User” means the end user of an App (whether a person or an entity).
t. “Your Content” has the meaning given in Section 2.b (“Your License to Us”).